The Golden Era Sdn Bhd (Company No. 1238600-V) (“The Golden Era”) respects the privacy of our users, customers, clients and individuals (“you”, “your”, “user” or “users”) with regards to the privacy of personal data and is committed to protecting the privacy of the same as well as striving to provide a safe, secure user experience for our users.
1. Information collected by Festival
The user-supplied information collected (through our registration process, surveys, tickets/booth, events, promotions, contests, surveys, forums, and polls and/or other similar vehicles) may or will involve our user’s personal data or information but is used to improve the content of our products, services, content, mobile app or used for our own business purposes. The information is not shared with other organisations for their commercial purposes unless specifically stated.
2. Type of Personal Data collected & Purpose
Although the precise details of user-supplied information collected may vary, it should or may include any or all of the following personal data:
• Name (in accordance with our user’s identity card or passport);
• Phone and/or mobile number(s);
• Date of birth;
• Email address;
• Identity card number or passport number;
• IP Address, if required;
• Thumbprint, if required; and
• Official details of the company if our user is a company.
We may collect documents of such evidence, where and if required (collectively, these matters here are referred to as “Personal Data”).
Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily on our website and our other related channels is processed for any or all of the following purposes (“Purpose”):
• to create, record, manage and/or maintain a relationship with you;
• to complete transactions with you;
• to process, manage and/or verify your membership in our customer programmes and/or loyalty scheme where applicable;
• to direct market to you and/or update you regarding our latest offerings;
• to understand and analyze our sales and your needs and preferences;
• to develop, enhance, market and provide our products and/or services;
• to develop, enhance, market and promote our Festival, carnival, event business, products and/or services;
• to enable you to participate in our Festival, carnival, latest events, promotions, contests, surveys, forums, and polls and/or other similar vehicles;
• to process, manage and/or verify payment, exchanges and/or product returns;
• to ensure that legal, compliance and regulatory, auditing and maintenance requirements are met and
• to respond to your feedback, requests and/or complaints.
3. Use and Disclosure to Vendor
We use and disclose aggregated, non-personally identifying information, collected through our website as part of our process of constantly improving business.
“Vendor” here means in relation to Personal Data any person or entity (other than any of our employee who processes the Personal Data); and
“Processing” here includes obtaining, recording, holding or using Personal Data to carry out our Purpose.
That being the case, we take every reasonable measure to provide a reasonable level of protection for your Personal Data should the information be processed by our Vendor.
4. Impact of Non Provision of Personal Data
Please note that in the event that harmful and/or risky, false, misleading, not correct, outdated or not current, not satisfactory or incomplete Personal Data is supplied to us, or your Personal Data is not satisfactory to us, any or all of the following action applies:
• your application or request to us for to carry out any or all of our Purpose may be dismissed;
• your application or request to browse our website or for information on our website may be denied;
• we will refrain from providing you with the full range of information regarding our our Festival, carnival, latest events, promotions, contests, surveys, forums, and polls and/or other similar vehicles or our products and services through our website.
5. Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Upon supply, your Personal Data will be stored either in hard copies in our offices or servers and operated by us or our service providers. Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated above or is required to satisfy business, legal, compliance and regulatory, accounting and/or risk requirements or to protect our business interests.
We do not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by us.
6. How Email and ‘Contact Us’ messages are being handled
The message content may be monitored by our service providers or employees for purposes including compliance, auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
7. Communication or Utilization Data
8. Automatic Collection of Non-Personal Data
When you access our website, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the mobile app from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the website, pages viewed).
We may use this data and share it with rest of the Group to monitor the attractiveness of our website and improve their performance or content.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit website, mobile apps and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Festival may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Festival website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our webpage. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
10. Public Forums
Our website makes information sharing, feedback, forums, and/or message boards available to our users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Data. We request that users treat each other with courtesy and mutual respect.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to our website or social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or any part of the our website or social media platform by visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely as set above.
Our website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. When a user is asked to provide his/her credit card information, we provide a secure environment through our partners’ systems (using industry standard SSL or SET protocols) for this purpose.
For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to us and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
A username and password may be essential for you to use some sections of our website. For your own protection, we require you to keep these confidential and to change your password regularly (if required).
Our website contains links to other website.
Our Festival and website are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We also established in relationships with partners but such relationships are generally technical in nature, or content collaborations. If any partner has access to any information entered by users in our database, this fact shall be disclosed to the user upon initiating the registration process. Users who feel they do not wish their information to be shared by anyone other than by us may then opt out of completing the registration.
14. Right of Access to Personal Data
The Golden Era Sdn. Bhd.
27-2 Jalan PJU 5/20
47810 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
15. Social Login
“We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our mobile app. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our mobile app. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.”
@copyright of The Golden Era Sdn. Bhd. 2019